Sharing information about stuff that interests us can be a good idea. I suppose a Wiki is a useful tool for this type of online communication. I'm not sure if I would trust the information on Wikis to be correct.
Yes that could be a problem with wikis but you could double check your information from a few sources and you would soon pick up if anything was a miss.
I would assume that there are ways that you can check if the information in safe or correct. We all use wikipedia and the same thing with that. We cant take anything as Gospel these days.
Yes I'm with you, I think accuracy could be a problem.
ReplyDeleteI agree with this.
ReplyDeleteNice picture Nigel, it reminded me of my grandmother, always knitting and making soft toys for us.
ReplyDeleteYes that could be a problem with wikis but you could double check your information from a few sources and you would soon pick up if anything was a miss.
ReplyDeleteThats why you should always look for references. Any academic wiki should make them a requirement of posting.
ReplyDeleteI would assume that there are ways that you can check if the information in safe or correct. We all use wikipedia and the same thing with that. We cant take anything as Gospel these days.
ReplyDeleteIs there a wiki on kitty softies?
ReplyDeletei wouldn't risk my life on information off a wiki, but Wikipedia at least seems to be accurate as far as I've used it. Cross reference.
ReplyDeleteWiki can be good when references are used and they often have links to the sights used. I have found many of the links quite helpful.
ReplyDelete