Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week 3 of web 2.0



Here is a picture of Nigel's book - The Kitchen Diaries. As a cookbook, The Kitchen Diaries is  hugely enjoyable and alternative. He begins by telling us: "This should be the year in which I think carefully about everything I put in my mouth." He explains the benefits of shopping at farmers' markets rather than supermarkets ("I have honestly never set foot inside a branch of Tesco"). He also gets a weekly "organic box". But this is really a book about enjoyment. He loves salt, for instance. He fries a lot of things. He enjoys melted cheese, and cakes and puddings.


"Food is, for me, for everybody a very sexual thing and I think I realised that quite early on. I still cannot exaggerate how just putting a meal in front of somebody is really more of a buzz for me than anything. And I mean anything. Maybe that goes back to trying to please my dad, I don't know. It's like parenting in a way I suppose". Nigel Slater - Guardian

I have used a picture from Flickr for this part of the Web 2.0 course.

2 comments:

  1. all the fried food and salt is making me hungry! all his food seem to be my kind of food!!!

    ReplyDelete